Abseil Organ Pipes
A 90 metre vertical adventure awaits.
ABSEIL MOUNT WELLINGTON
Good things come in small packages. This half day trip has it all – excitement, beauty, spectacular scenery and you’ll learn a little bit of history about kunanyi (Mount Wellington). Are you ready for 90 metres of adrenalin fuelled fun?
A BIT MORE DETAIL
Experience what is considered by many as the world’s most spectacular Abseil.
Mount Wellington is synonymous with Hobart, forming the stunning backdrop to our wonderful city and we experience her in all her raw beauty with an adrenalin pumping 90m abseil down the Organ Pipes. This is one for the true adventurous of spirit…
This half day tour packs a punch. We pick you up in the city and make our way up 21km to the summit. We will have a special stop at the ‘Chalet’ where you can fill your water bottle with some of the purest mountain water on the planet. From there we finish our journey to the summit where you will have an opportunity to immerse yourself in the breathtaking alpine environment of kunanyi. A short 10 minute walk sees us arrive at our abseil site. It will be here that you will experience a mixture of excitement and awe as you breathe in the world famous Organ Pipes and the sensational views.
A 90m vertical adventure awaits…
- All transport to and from Mount Wellington (departing and returning to Hobart).
- Fully qualified and experienced guides.
- Full instruction including safety briefing.
- All abseiling & safety gear including ropes, harnesses, helmets, carabiners & belay devices.
- Light snack.
- Wear comfortable clothes – long pants or tights are preferred to protect your legs.
- Enclosed shoes – runners are perfect. No heels.
- Water bottle.
- Hat and sunglasses.
- Wet weather jacket.
- Warm jacket – the weather on Mount Wellington can change surprisingly quickly, so be prepared.